About Creative Staging and Design LLC
Michele is not only a Home Stager and owner of Creative Staging and Design LLC but also a Sales Associate with Coldwell Banker located in Wayne NJ.
She offers a complimentary staging consultation for all her clients who are interested in selling their home as part of her listing package of services. Additionally, Michele is available for staging services as a separate service for builders, investors, estate sales, vacant homes, and homeowners who would like to update their home décor. She services primarily all of Passaic County, as well as parts of Morris, Essex and Bergen counties all within the northern region of NJ.
Originally an art major in college, Michele switched her major to Theater and Dance and had and still has a flare for the creative!
She has been staging homes to sell for many years and has a prior background working with new home sale buyers during the building stage, assisting them with their choices of decorator selections that will complement their new home i.e. cabinetry, counter tops, flooring tile, etc. during the building of their new home. That process can be overwhelming! So if you are a custom builder and need a cost-effective Stager to set up your model home or a homeowner who would like a new look on a budget, Michele is the person to call.
Michele will give your home the “WOW FACTOR.” Call Michele today to discuss all possibly and various budget-friendly options 973-214-7726.
Why Stage before selling a home?
In today's market, selling a home is not as simple as just cleaning the house, removing some family photos and de-cluttering. Paint colors, fabric patterns, home furnishing decor, artwork, wall paper flooring all comes into play in how a home is viewed online. Home staging has raised the standards of what buyers expect to see when searching online for a new home. Many first-time home buyers do not want to remodel a home like out parents did when they bought their first home. They prefer a move-in-ready home. The more gender friendly and generic the decor and color pallet the better. But, at the same time the home has to have a WOW Factor! That is where a STAGER or REDESIGNER comes in.
What can a Stager do for me?
Here is what I can do for you:
1. Initial Consultation – review both inside and out and make recommendations.
2. Take pictures before and after – explain what you see in a picture – a camera does not lie.
3. Provide you with a written list room by room and recommend what you should keep and what you should pack away.
4. Discuss cost effective ways to fix and repair or minimize any shortcomings.
5. Develop a Plan of Action – you can do it yourself or discuss having the Stager give you a proposal for hands-on staging options.
6. Provide you with a list of resources for various service providers and any available discounts.
7. Stager can rent furniture and schedule deliveries and all related logistics.
8. Use your existing furniture and accessories (money saver) or rent and provide accessories.
9. Return for a final fine tuning visit the day before the pictures are taken if you are listing your home.
10. They pull it all together for you in the least amount of time.
What is the difference between an Interior Designer and Home Stager?
A Home Stager is similar to an interior designer but there is one major difference. Their audience! They do not decorate to appeal to your personal taste or lifestyle as the homeowner but to attract the mass majority of potential buyers. Living in a staged home is slightly inconvenient because they highlight the space and architectural features of the home and not your things. They concentrate on showing off the best features of your home (both inside and out) and detract from its shortcomings. Your house is no longer a home but a product for sale. You do not want buyers to be distracted by all your personal stuff. You want them to see the features of the house.